The house of the Gini family was built in 1832, according to the chronology written on the lintel of the entrance of the building.
It is located at the junction of Agiou Nikolaou and Maizonos streets and is one of the few remaining examples of early architecture of Patras, of the first post-revolutionary years.
It was the residence for a number of generations, of the Tzini family of Epirus origin, who settled in post-revolutionary Patras and had as their main occupation the trade and the raisin trade.
The Gini house is a small building that incorporates elements of folk architecture, while it has been influenced by neoclassicism as there is harmony and symmetry in the morphological characteristics of its facades.
A peculiarity in the morphology of the building is the use of wood-carved elements in the configuration of its external architectural features (frames, cornices), a fact which gives it a special place in the architectural history of Patras.
Agiou Nikolaou & Maizonos, Patras, Greece