The stairs on Patreos Street are the first to be built in the city, in 1873, but were put into use eight years later, in 1881, during the mayoralty of Thanasis Kanakari-Roufou.
They connect Patreos Street with Agios Georgios Square and the beginning of Germanou Street. They have 93 marble steps as this material seems to have been in abundance in Patras for a long time.
The stairs connect the upper city, which was initially inhabited mainly by poor rural families and some large landowners with the lower city, where bourgeois and industrialists lived.
Today, the stairs of Patreos Street, apart from being a passage, are a meeting place and a place where one can admire the view of the city.
Patreos, Patras 262 25, Greece