The temple of the Pantocrator is located in the upper city and is the oldest functioning Christian monument of Patras.
An ecclesiastical monument with Byzantine origins, it is a three-aisled basilica with domes, with the central dome supported by four spherical triangles, while to the east and west there is a quarter sphere for the cargo.
It was built on the site of the temple of Olympian Zeus in the ancient Agora of Patras and was converted into an Ottoman Mosque (Mosque) during the Turkish occupation.
As one of the most imposing buildings of Patras, it attracted the attention of many foreign travelers, who have references to it in their travel narratives, while there are several depictions of it in engravings and drawings of the 19th century.
After the liberation from the Ottoman yoke, it became a Christian church and the minaret on its south side was demolished.
In 1864 it was renovated by the Epirote architect Georgios Psylla, and other smaller domes covered with copper sheets were added to the building.
The church of the Pantocrator is a special ecclesiastical monument for Patras with special religious, aesthetic and historical value.
Par. Panagouli 13, Patra 262 25, Greece