The V. Maragopoulou store building is located on Agiou Andreou Street and occupies the western front of the building block between D. Votsi and Filopimenos streets.
Vassilios Maragopoulos was one of the most important economic actors of Patras at the beginning of the 20th century.
In the 20's he founded the homonymous factory of textile and textile which over the years expanded and became a large and thriving business.
In the 30's V. Maragopoulos bought the commercial building on Agiou Andreou Street, where he established his offices and his commercial activities around the textile sector.
This brilliant building, which in its time was the most luxurious commercial store, was built around 1915 and is a brilliant example of eclectic architecture of the first decades of the 20th century, with many morphological elements of the Art Nouveau style.
A special element of the building is the circular configuration of the corner section located at the corner of D. Votsi Street, which ends in a dome covered with metal plates, which gives it a special character and grace.
Today, the Maragopoulos building, after years of misuse and neglect, has been renovated and again houses a commercial enterprise.
Agiou Andreou 127, Patras, Greece