Ethnikis Antistasis Square (bas. Olgas) is located north of Georgios AD Square and is the second square in the heart of the historic center of Patras.
Initially in the years of Otto's reign its official name was Amalia Square, but people used to call it the queen's orchard.
With rich vegetation and without special care it kept this name until 1878.
In October of the same year it was renamed Queen Olga Square and was completed, taking the form that it has in general to this day.
For its configuration, many proposals and interventions were made by the locals to the Municipality of Patras in order to be forced to proceed with its configuration.
The square was surrounded by many neoclassical buildings, of which few survive today, which survived the reconstruction of the '60s and' 70s.
Important buildings are the old house of Bogdanos, of 1850, in the northwest corner of the square, at the junction of Aratou and Riga Fereou streets, the Archaeological Museum, former Karamandani house at the junction of Aratou and Maizonos streets and next to it, on Aratou , which houses the Municipal Conservatory of Patras.
On the east side of the square is the Hero of the city, the Statue of Glory, a work of the sculptor Antonios Sohos, erected there on March 25, 1928.
It acquired its current name as the National Resistance Square during the years of the change of government.
Riga Feraiou 50, Patra 262 21, Greece