The old church of Agios Andreos was built between 1836 and 1843 on the site of the ruins of the oldest church, which existed from the time of the Venetians and was destroyed by the Turkalvans in 1770, in Orlofika.
It is a three-aisled basilica with a portico with five arched openings on its face, the work of the architect Lysandros Kaftantzoglou.
It was the first church built in post-revolutionary Patras and served as the Metropolis of the city for the period 1845-1856.
The hagiography of the roofs of the church, which refer to the respective western ones of the Ionian Islands, was done by the painter Dimitrios Byzantios - Chatziaslanis, and depicts in full length the patriarchs of the Old Testament and the Saints of the Church, among whom is St. Andrew.
On the south side of the church there is the "holy water", in a small basement where holy water gushes, while on the north rises the stone belfry built in the late 19th century to replace the original wooden.
The old church of Agios Andreos is a special monument of Patras because apart from being a place of worship, it is an artistic monument of special value.
Agiou Andreou, Patra 262 22, Greece